MCT Msimbazi is committed to providing ONLINE Orientation Courses as part of efforts to increase access to Montessori education for adults. Orientation Courses are intended to help interested adults build a foundational understanding of Montessori including how to support children and prepare environments that serve human development for that specific age group.
These courses are designed for individuals–including administrators, parents, and assistants–interested in developing an introductory understanding of Montessori. These popular introductory courses include online class time and independent work. The courses are composed of lecture, reading, discussion, and observation.
What you’ll learn?
- Human development from birth to adulthood, with a focus on the age listed in the course title
- The role of the adults in the environment
- Theory and practice of the “prepared environment”
- The balance of freedom and discipline/responsibility
- The social development of the child
- How to foster independence
- How to build trust and rapport with children
- Cultivation of observation techniques
- Skills in maintaining the environment
- Techniques for making and maintaining materials
- Minimum A-level or O-level with a Teaching Training Certificate or equivalent
- A good knowledge of English
- Successful application interview
Curriculum is empty