The Arthur Waser Foundation based in Switzerland is committed in supporting projects that focus on Early Childhood Education in Africa. It endeavours to support Montessori Education and provide opportunities to the youth of Africa.
Teachers who lack the necessary funds and are committed in pursuing a career in Montessori education in Africa are welcome to apply for a scholarship.
The Foundation will award scholarships only to students who are in genuine need of financial aid and meet the scholarship requirements. The applications will be reviewed together with the requests for scholarships
Who is eligible to apply for Scholarship?
- The student has been granted acceptance for the AMI 3-6 or 6-12 Diploma Course.
- The student is a resident of an African country and holds an African Nationality.
- The student can demonstrate a genuine need for financial aid.
- The student can provide evidence that he/she is able to pay himself/herself or has sufficient funds from another donor to cover all personal expenses during the course (transportation, accommodation, living costs, personal stationery).
- The student will pursue a career in Montessori Education in Africa. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who:
a. Work as a national trainer, lecturer, or teacher at a Montessori Training Centre in Tanzania or Kenya
b. Have worked in a Montessori school in Tanzania or Kenya
c. Plan to teach in a Montessori school or Training centre in Tanzania or Kenya immediately following their training